听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 环球英语 » 【双语新闻】女孩中百万大奖却抑郁 花光钱才快乐
返回列表 发帖

【双语新闻】女孩中百万大奖却抑郁 花光钱才快乐

hen Callie Rogers won almost 1.9 million pounds on the lottery at 16, she hoped it would help her put her troubles behind her. The teenager came from a broken home, had dropped out of school and was living in local authority care.    
  当考利-罗杰斯16岁那年成为190万英镑(约1900万元人民币)彩票奖金得主时,以为这笔钱可以让她将人生烦恼抛诸脑后。这个年轻的女孩来自破碎家庭,很早辍学,住在一个看护机构里。

Rogers, from Cumbria, England, won the National Lottery in 2003. Then she went on a massive spending spree, splashing out on four homes for her family, flash cars, designer clothes, partying and breast implants. A fortnight after her win she married and had two children. But then she spent 250,000 pounds on cocaine and suffered depression. Earlier this year she lost custody of her children because of her mental state.
  来自英格兰坎布里亚郡的罗杰斯在2003年买彩票中奖后,开始疯狂消费,为家人购置了四处房产、购买名车、名牌衣服、开派对乃至隆胸。中奖两周后她便结了婚,诞下2名子女。但随后她吸食可卡因,前后花掉了25万英镑。她还换上了抑郁症。今年早些时候由于精神状态出现问题,她失去了孩子的监护权。

She became addicted to drugs and attempted suicide three times as her life unraveled. She says the money brought her only misery - and now she is down to her last 100,000 pounds, she has never been happier.
  染有毒瘾的罗杰斯曾经3度试图自杀,人生几乎全毁。她表示,金钱带给她的只有痛苦——如今她只剩下10万英镑,却感受到前所未有的快乐。

Now 22, she said: "Just a few months ago I was taking too many drugs and hated myself. I simply did not want to live any more. But now I have a new man and am finally becoming the woman I want to be. And it's only after I've spent most of my fortune that this has finally happened."
  现年22岁的罗杰斯说:“几个月前我还在吸毒,而且非常痛恨自己。我根本不想活下去。如今我遇到新男友,终变成了我渴望成为的女人。这一切,都是我几乎花光所有钱之后终于得来的。”

"I need to get my act together and make my kids proud, and for the first time I really do think that's possible." She credits her new boyfriend with giving her the stable home life she has always craved, and she now hopes to go to college and eventually become a counselor. "After all I've endured, I think I have a lot of advice to offer," she said.
  “我要洗心革面,让孩子以我为荣。这是我第一次觉得我可以做得到。” 她感谢男友给了她渴望已久的安稳的家庭生活。如今她希望可以上大学并成为一名社会心理问题辅导员。“毕竟经历了这么多,我认为我可以提供很多建议,” 她说道。

返回列表