听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » I Love You Anyway 爱你没商量
返回列表 发帖

I Love You Anyway 爱你没商量

音频收听地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xfsyztd/108486.html

It was Friday morning and a young businessman finally decided to ask his boss for a raise.Before leaving for work, he told his wife what he was about to do.All day long he felt nervous and apprehensive. Finally, in the late afternoon, he summoned the courage to approach his employer and to his delight,the boss agreed to the raise.

The elated husband arrived home and was surprised to see a beautiful table set with their best china and lighted candles. Smelling the aroma of a festive meal, he figured that someone from the office had called his wife and tipped her off.

Finding her in the kitchen, he eagerly shared the details of his good news. They embraced and danced around the room before sitting down to the wonderful meal his wife had prepared. Next to his plate he found an artistically lettered note that read: "Congratulations,darling. I knew you’d get the raise. This dinner is to show you how much I love you.”

Later on his way to the kitchen to help his wife serve dessert, he noticed that a second card had fallen from her pocket. Picking it up, he read: “Don’t worry about not getting the raise. You deserve it anyway. This dinner is to show how much I love you."

无论如何我爱你~

回复 2# pedo123

返回列表