【开心时分】
- "My little sister is so smart! She's only in nursery school and she can spell her namebackwards and forwards."
“我妹妹好聪明!她只是在托儿所上学,就可以把自己的名字正着拼反着拼。”
- "Really? What's her name?"
“真的吗?她叫什么名字?”
- "Anna."
“安娜。”
- Did you see me when I passed by?
我路过的时候你看见了吗?
- Yes, I did.
是的,我看见了。
- You never saw me before in your life, did you?
你过去从来没有看见过我吗?
- I don't think so.
我想是的。
- Then how did you know it was me?
那你怎么知道是我啊?
A: Where do you live, Susan?
苏珊,你住在哪里?
B: I live in Shenzhen with my son.
我和我儿子住在深圳。
A: A son? so you are married?
儿子?这么说你结婚了?
B: Yes. Well, actually... I am divorced.
是的,嗯,实际上……我离婚了。
A: Divorce! But you look so young. How old are you?
离婚!可是你看起来还这么年轻,你多大了?
B: I am 23 years old.
我23岁。
SHOW TIME TWO
A: I have the perfect son.
我的儿子很完美。
B: Does he smoke?
他抽烟吗?
A: No, he doesn't.
不抽。
B: Does he drink whiskey?
那他喝酒吗?
A: No, he doesn't.
也不喝呀。
B: Does he ever come home late?
那他曾晚回家吗?
A: No, he doesn't.
不曾有过。
B: I guess you really do have the perfect son. How old is he?
我想你确实有个很完美的儿子,他多大了呢?
A: He will be six months old next Wednesday.
下周三满六个月了。
SHOW TIME THREE
A: Come to the table. Supper's ready.
来吃饭了,晚餐已经好了。
B: Be there in a minute.
马上来。
A: Where did Mark and your father go?
你爸爸和马克去哪儿了呢?
B: They are watching TV.
他们还在看电视呢。