|   
 UID12794 帖子8830 积分11321 学分56047 个 金币800 个 在线时间823 小时 
 
 | 
| 
                 
                 电话响起 戴夫与吉娜继续说话 
 【你别欲擒故纵了】
 
 Zina: No, Dave. I haven't wrecked my jeep. I'm calling to 1) offer you a job.
 
 吉娜: 不,戴夫。我的吉普没有撞毁。我打来是要提供你工作机会的。
 
 Dave: With InfoKing? No, thanks.
 
 戴夫: 去“资讯王”?免了吧,多谢。
 
 Zina: I'd like you to manage a new online auction site we're building.
 
 吉娜: 我希望你能管理我们新架设中的线上竞标网站。
 
 Dave: I'm not interested, Zina.
 
 戴夫: 我没兴趣,吉娜。
 
 Zina: Don't play hard to get. The 2) pay is good. You'd be working with Elvin again.
 
 吉娜: 你别欲擒故纵了。薪水很高的。你会跟艾文再度共事。
 
 Dave: I don't think so.
 
 戴夫: 我想不妥吧。
 
 Zina: Elvin doesn't 3) hold a grudge, if that's what you're worried about.
 
 吉娜: 艾文并没有怀恨在心,若你是在担心这个的话。
 
 语言详解
 
 A: Life is too short to hold grudges. C'mon, talk to me again.
 
 人生苦短,何须心怀怨恨。来嘛,再跟我说话。
 
 B: Well, if you put it that way...
 
 OK. 既然你这样说……那好吧。
 
 【play hard to get 欲擒故纵】
 
 在人际的关系当中,好比男女关系或是聘雇之间的关系,有时候一方会采取不置可否的态度,让人觉得对方若即若离的,在要与不要之间,真叫人拿捏不定。也许你会觉得对方其实是想要,只是爱欲擒故纵、搞神秘,这种情况在美语中就可以用 play hard to get “欲擒故纵”来形容。
 
 A: I don't think Lisa likes me.
 
 我不觉得莉莎喜欢我。
 
 B: Yes, she does. She's just playing hard to get.
 
 不,她喜欢你。她只是欲擒故纵。
 
 1) offer (v.) 提供(工作机会等)
 
 2) pay (n.) 薪水,酬劳
 
 3) hold a grudge 心怀怨恨,挟怨
 | 
 
                    
                     |