|   
 UID12794 帖子8830 积分11321 学分56047 个 金币800 个 在线时间823 小时 
 
 | 
| 
                 
                 灵验了吗?SCENE4 
 电话响起
 
 Zina: Hi, Dave. This is Zina.
 
 吉娜: 嗨,戴夫。我是吉娜。
 
 Dave: Zina? Zina the Snake?
 
 戴夫: 吉娜?诈包吉娜?
 
 Zina: I got your e-mail a couple of months back.
 
 吉娜: 几个月前我收到了你寄来的电子邮件。
 
 Dave: Yeah? Which one was that?
 
 戴夫: 是吗?是哪一封?
 
 Zina: The one that said, "You're a 1) creep. / From me you won't hear another 2) peep. / I hope you 3) wreck your jeep."
 
 吉娜: 上面写着:“你这讨厌鬼。/休想我会再理你。/希望你撞坏你的吉普车。”
 
 Dave: Right. That one. 4) Did it work?
 
 戴夫: 那一封啊。灵验了吗?
 
 1) creep (n.) 令人讨厌的人
 
 2) peep (n.) 小的声音。这里是指“消息”。
 
 3) wreck (v.) 撞毁
 
 4) Did it work? 有用吗?有效吗?
 语言详解
 
 A: I told dad you wrecked the car!
 
 我跟老爸说你撞坏车子了!
 
 B: You're not going to get away with this. It was your fault, not mine.
 
 你脱不了关系。都是你的错,不是我。
 
 【Did it work? 灵验了吗?】
 
 要注意work 并不专指“工作”,有时指“灵光、有效”。
 
 A: My brain doesn't seem to work well today.
 
 我脑袋今天好像不灵光。
 
 B: You're better take a walk outside. But be back soon. We have a lot of work to do this afternoon.
 
 你最好到外面走一走。但是要快快回来,我们下午有一大堆事要做。
 
 A: I understand you had a bad cold yesterday.
 
 我听说你昨天患了重感冒。
 
 B: It's gone. My grandma's pre**ion really works.
 
 已经痊愈了。我祖母的处方真的有效。
 | 
 
                    
                     |