|   
 UID12794 帖子8830 积分11321 学分56047 个 金币800 个 在线时间823 小时 
 
 | 
| 
                 
                 【我现在是自由工作者】 
 Dave: Yeah. You don't need to rub it in.
 
 戴夫: 是啊。不劳你落井下石了。
 
 Mary: And then she 1) made the deal with MicroPower. Vince wanted to sell for fifteen million...
 
 玛莉: 然后她跟“微力”谈妥了条件。文斯本想用一千五百万卖掉的……
 
 Dave: Fifteen? And Zina pushed them up to seventy-five?
 
 戴夫: 一千五百万?而吉娜逼他们出到了七千五百万?
 
 Mary: That's right. Vince still stops by her office every day to thank her.
 
 玛莉: 没错。文斯到现在都还每天经过她的办公室,跟她道谢呢。
 
 Dave: Anyway, I'm still happy I left. I'm working as a 2) freelancer now.
 
 戴夫: 不管怎样,我还是很高兴我离开了。我现在是自由工作者。
 
 Mary: You really should have stayed with us, Dave.
 
 玛莉: 你当初真该留下跟我们一道的,戴夫。
 
 语言详解
 
 A: Who do you work for?
 
 你帮谁工作?
 
 B: No one. I'm a freelancer.
 
 没有谁。我是自由工作者。
 
 【rub it in 落井下石】
 
 rub it in 的这个动作就像是一抹再抹,越抹越进去的感觉,而这个片语在使用上,就是“落井下石”的意思,明明人家已经很惨了,却还要打落水狗,在伤口上撒盐。
 
 A: So, your sister beat you in bowling!
 
 所以你妹妹打保龄球赢了你!
 
 B: Stop rubbing it in, OK?
 
 别落井下石了,好吗?
 
 A: Didn't I tell you over and over again she doesn't like you?
 
 我不是一再告诉你她不喜欢你吗?
 
 B: You don't have to rub it in.
 
 你不用落井下石嘛。
 
 1) deal (n.) 交易;make a deal with...与……交易
 
 2) freelancer (n.) 自由工作者
 | 
 
                    
                     |