听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » Believe in yourself
返回列表 发帖

Believe in yourself

The professor stood before his class of 30 senior biology students, about to pass out the final exam.
  "I know clearly how much pressure you are under to keep your testing marks up. Because I know you are all able to understand this material, I am prepared to take the final ,"he said to them.
  Hearing this , a number of students jumped up to thank the professor looked at the students who stayed, and said again,"Any other takers? This is your last chance." One more student decided to go.
  Seven students stayed. The professor closed the door. Then he handed out the final exam. There were two sentences typed on the paper:"Congratulations, you have just received an 'A' in this class .Keep believing in yourself."
  I never had a professor who gave a test like that.The professor thinks that students who don't have confidence in what they've learned are "B"students at best.
  The same is true for students of real life.The "A"students are those who believe in what they're doing. They've learned from both successes and failures. They've absorbed life's lessons, and become better people.
  You may realize that you have some limits. But ,don't let the biggest limit be yourself. Sir Edmund Hillary,the first person to reach the summit of Mount Everest,said,"It's not the mountain that we conquer, but ourselves."
  Believing in yourself comes from knowing what you are really able to do.When it's your turn to step up to the place,realize that you won't hit a home run every time. Baseball superstar Mickey  Mantle struck out more than 1,700 times,but it didn't stop him from being a great baseball player. He believe in himself, and he knew his fans believe in him.
  Never stop learning ! It's so important. Don't limit yourself only to work-related classes, either.Learn everything about every subject that you can.
  At the end of a particularly bad practice, a football coach dismissed his players by crying, "Now , all you fools, go to take a shower !" All but one player left . The coach looked at him and asked why he was still there.
  "You told all the fools to go, sir,"the player replied,"and there sure seems to be a lot of them.But I am not a fool."
  Believe in yourself, even when no one else does.

评分人数

• tingroom

回复 1# -singing

yeah,I agree with you,if you have faith in yourself,good luck will be with you...

yeah,I agree with you,if you have faith in yourself,good luck will be with you...

回复 3# mbcz1223

I  Believe in myself

Believe in yourself!

yeah,you must have confidence to yourself .just believe .than you will be A student.

返回列表