听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 哲理故事:人的欲望-(51-110818)
返回列表 发帖

哲理故事:人的欲望-(51-110818)

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

A man died and was on his way to another world, either the Heaven or the hell. He saw an extremely magnificent palace half way and the owner of the palace asked him to stay and live in the palace.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

The man said, “I have been working arduously during my life and now I just want to eat and sleep without any work.”

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

The owner of the palace said, “If so, there is nowhere else better than here for you. There are a wealth of seafood and delicacies in my palace and you can eat whatever you want without anyone stopping you. Moreover, you can rest assured that nothing needs to be done by you.” Then, the man settled down in the palace.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

At the beginning, the man felt very happy at the rotation of eating and sleeping. But gradually, he felt a bit lonely and void. So he went to the owner and groaned, “It is very tedious to live by just eating and sleeping every day. Now I show no interest in this kind of life any more. Could you help me find a job?”

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

The owner replied, “Sorry, there is no job here at all.”

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

After another several months, the man could not bear the present life and went to the owner again, “I really could not stand this sort of life any more. If you do not offer me a job, I would prefer to go to the hell instead of living here.”

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

The owner of the palace smiled contemptuously, “Do you think it is Heaven here? It is actually the hell!”

(中文作者: 选自<<小故事网>> 译者: 爱尔兰都柏林大学 赖小琪)

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

How's the feeling?
What's the ture happiness and satisfaction?

We all like this man.
When we are tired, we want to live at leisure.
When we are at leisure, we will feel tedious and want to have something to do.

评分人数

是不是回复就有翻译

真的是哦

赖小琪   

What a coincidence!

回复 3# 玄懿

The reason is very simple.
Time keeps going and never waits for anyone.
We also keep going,growing up,growing old.We could not stop the pace which we really want to stop.
So no where is the place we can have rest forever,we just have a rest and then continuing.
It's the life.

回复 4# yzlweb

Right.

回复 5# yzlweb

回复 7# bubu熊

What're you looking for?

A man died and was on his way to another world, either the Heaven or the hell. He saw an extremely magnificent palace half way and the owner of the palace asked him to stay and live in the palace .
一个人死了,他正在去另一个世界的路上,可能是天堂也许是地狱。半途中他看见一个极其辉煌的宫殿,而且宫殿的主人还邀请他留在宫殿里生活。
The man said, “I have been working arduously during my life and now I just want to eat and sleep without any work.”
那人说:“我已经终身费力地工作,现在我只想要不工作地吃喝睡。”
The owner of the palace said, “If so, there is nowhere else better than here for you. There are a wealth of seafood and delicacies in my palace and you can eat whatever you want without anyone stopping you. Moreover, you can rest assured that nothing needs to be done by you.” Then, the man settled down in the palace.
宫殿主说:“要是这样没什么比这儿更好的地方了。这里有大量丰富的海鲜和佳肴,你可以随便吃什么,没人会阻止你的。而且你还可以无忧地睡觉,什么事你都不用做。”就这样,那人在宫殿里定居下来了。
At the beginning, the man felt very happy at the rotation of eating and sleeping. But gradually, he felt a bit lonely and void. So he went to the owner and groaned, “It is very tedious to live by just eating and sleeping every day. Now I show no interest in this kind of life any more. Could you help me find a job?”
起先,那人觉得非常高兴在循环的吃喝睡中。但是总的来说,他感到一点孤单和空虚。所以他找到主人抱怨说:“每天就只吃和睡地生活太单调乏味了。现在我对这种生活没兴趣了。你可以帮我找一份工作吗?”
The owner replied, “Sorry, there is no job here at all.”
主人说“抱歉,这里根本没有工作。”
After another several months, the man could not bear the present life and went to the owner again, “I really could not stand this sort of life any more. If you do not offer me a job, I would prefer to go to the hell instead of living here.”
又过了几月,那人再也不能忍受现在的生活,他又去找主人了。“我真地不能再忍受这种生活了。要是你不给我一份工作,我将情愿去地狱也不在这里。”
The owner of the palace smiled contemptuously, “Do you think it is Heaven here? It is actually the hell!”
宫殿的主人傲慢的笑着说:"你认为这里是天堂吗?这确实就是地狱了!”

评分人数

A man lives without doing anything ---it really like living at the hell.醉生梦死的贪婪的生活已不是生活了。

评分人数

工作的意义?

回复 12# 纸船。梦

You did a great job.
Keep going.

回复 13# 纸船。梦

So right.
Before passing away, we should leave something that can prove we have lived in this world once.

回复 14# M_CARL

May be something like that ,may be not.

回复 16# sunny萝卜

嗯嗯

the life is boring if you don't work

评分人数

回复 18# 纸船。梦

返回列表