听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 天天学英语
返回列表 发帖
☆天天学英语☆七十八:走 运  

Luck was on my side on my way home, because all the traffic lights were green.
今天回家的路上碰到的都是绿灯,真走运。

解析:luck is on sb's side 的意思是走运,用英语解释是If luck is on someone's side, things go well for them

☆天天学英语☆七十九:不起作用  

Her excuses cut no ice with me.
她说的理由(借口)对我不起作用。

解析:to cut no ice with sb 的意思对某人不起作用,没有影响。英语含义为to not cause someone to change their opinion or decision.

☆天天学英语☆八十:脱离实际  

Some of his ideas are completely divorced from reality.
他的一些理念(想法)完全是脱离实际的。

解析:be divorced from reality(also be detached from reality)的意思是脱离实际,超脱现实。英语中解释为not based on real things or sensible thinking.

☆天天学英语☆八十一:过 量  

Drinking is OK as long as you don't do it to excess.
喝酒可以,只要别喝过量了。

解析:to do sth to excess的意思是过量,过度地做某事(从而导致对人有害)。英语含义为to do sth too much or too often, so that it may harm you.

☆天天学英语☆八十二:绞尽脑汁  

He had racked his brain, but he still couldn't work out the answer to the problem.
他已经绞尽脑汁了,可是仍未找出问题的答案。

解析:to rack one's brain,其意为绞尽脑汁,英语中可以解释为to make anxious and determined efforts to think of, or recall something specific or suitable.

☆天天学英语☆八十三:出师不利  

He got off on the wrong foot when he started doing it.
他一开始就出师不利。

解析:to get off on the wrong foot解释为出师不利,刚开始就不顺利,没给人留下好的印象。英语含义为to make a bad start.

另外,用to get on the right foot则可以表示一开始就很顺利。

☆天天学英语☆八十四:推卸责任  

When the boss was asking who had disclosed the news ,the two of them began to pass the buck to each other.
当老板问起是谁把消息说出去的时候,他们两个人相互推卸责任。

解析:to puck the buck 的意思是推卸责任。英语含义为to pass the responsibility on to someone else.

☆天天学英语☆八十五:豁出去了  

I'll shoot the works this time by giving you a treat in a five-star hotel.
这次我豁出去了,到五星级大饭店请你们吃一顿。

解析:to shoot the works 的意思是豁出去了,不遗余力,花费了所有的精力和财力。英语含义为to expend all of one's efforts or capital.

I  like  it, thank   you   very  much !

☆天天学英语☆八十六:占上风  

At the beginning of the game our team gained the upper hand.
比赛一开始,我们队就占了上风。

解析:to gain the upper hand的意思是占上风,处于有利地位。英语含义为to gain an advantage.

☆天天学英语☆八十七:打 发  

If that doesn't send him packing, I have another idea.
如果那还不能打发他走的话,我还有个主意。

解析:to send sb packing的意思打发某人走,毫不留情地开除某人。英语含义为to tell someone who is not wanted that they must leave at once.

☆天天学英语☆八十八:敬而远之  

You'd better give a wide berth to a guy of his sort.
对他那号人,你还是敬而远之为好。

解析:to give a berth to sb/sth (give sb/sth a berth) 解释为对某人或者某事敬而远之。英语含义为to avoid something by a large distance/to stay away from sb/sth.

☆天天学英语☆八十九:满城风雨

The film star's engagement with the mayor became the talk of the town.
那个电影明星和市长订婚弄得满城风雨的。

解析:the talk of the town的意思是满城风雨,几乎是大街小巷都在讨论的话题。英语含义为the person or thing that everyone is talking about because they are very interested, excited, shocked etc.

☆天天学英语☆九十:千篇一律

Their life is always in a rut. They would either go to work or do cooking and watch TV after work.
他们的生活总是千篇一律。不是上班,就是回家做饭或看电视。

解析:be in a rut 的意思是千篇一律,老一套,一成不变。英语含义为living or working in a situation that never changes, so that you feel bored.

I hope that it can help you!

☆天天学英语☆九十一:各奔东西  

After graduation my classmates and i drifted apart.
毕业后我和我们班的同学就都各奔东西了。

解析:to drift apart 可以解释为各奔东西,渐渐不再联络了。用英语可以这样解释,If people drift apart, their relationship gradually ends.

☆天天学英语☆九十二:找到窍门  

After several years of practice, I think I will finally get the hang of spoken English.
经过几年的练习之后,我想我最后会掌握(学习)英语口语的窍门的。

解析:to get the hang of sth 的意思是抓到方法,找到窍门,尤其是经过一段时间的努力之后。英语含义为to learn how to do something, especially if it is not obvious or simple

☆天天学英语☆九十三:咬紧牙关  

The president asked the board to bite the bullet to the crisis.
董事长让董事会要紧牙关顶住这场危机。

解析:to bite the bullet 的意思是咬紧牙关,下定决心解决一件棘手的事情。英语含义为To face a painful situation bravely and stoically

☆天天学英语☆九十四:喧宾夺主  

I wouldn’t like to steal the show before these leading personnels.
我可不愿意在这些领导面前喧宾夺主。

解析:to steal the show解释为喧宾夺主,抢出风头。英语含义为to make oneself the focus of.

☆天天学英语☆九十五:见机行事  

Let's play it by ear when we get there.
到了那儿,我们要见机行事。

解析:to play it by ear 解释为见机行事,看情况处理,应对。英语含义为to decide what to do according to the way a situation develops.

返回列表