听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 听力提高 » 听力原文收集区
返回列表 发帖
为什么我打开文章时,都没有看到播放器的啊???
我是新来的学生!请高手指点!谢谢了!

听力原文:VOA 商务英语 lesson2

How are things in the graphic design bussiness?
Great,i really like being my own boss?
You started you business last year,didn't you?
Yes,right after i was laid off.
Weren't you  working for an advertising firm?
Yes,before i was downsized.
Being downsized worked out. Your new business is a success.
As i said,it's good to be your own boss.No one can laid you off.

Your graphic design business has worked out for you.
They has,even Tate Associates uses my design services.
That's right,didn't you design our logo?
I designed you logo and your letterhead.
You are going to do our website too,right?
If i get into website design.
Yes? website is logical next step for a graphic designer.
Perhaps,but it's a big step

So you come to us to....
I've come to you for advice, I need to expand, I need to grow.
You want to expand to design website.
I want to design websites ,i have to design websites. but....
But with expansion comes investment.
Yes, I need to invest computers and personnel.
You need powerfull computer to do web designs.
And skilled designer to use computer.

昨天早上注册了,但是发现半小时后才能发帖。就只好等到今天才……
听写真是太不容易了,尽管这个听力讲解非常详细。我都花了一个小时才听写下来。
觉得自己水平有限,需要多多努力!
有错的地方希望大家指正。
希望帖子有幸被使用!

[ 本帖最后由 kephalin 于 2008-6-4 06:42 PM 编辑 ]

早读英语精华本上册 Unit2

Tell Me The Truth about Love  

Some say that love's a little boy,
And some say it's a bird,
Some say it makes the world go round,
And some say that's absurd,
And when I asked the man next-door,
Who looked as if he knew,
His wife got very cross indeed,
And said it wouldn't do.

有人说爱情是个小男孩,
也有人说像只小鸟;
有人说它令世界运行,
也有人说那是荒谬。
当我去询问邻居的男子,
他仿佛对爱情了然,
而他的妻子怒火填膺,
说那并无可能。

Does it look like a pair of pyjamas
Or the ham in a temperance hotel
Does its odor remind one of llamas
Or has it a comforting smell?
Is it quickly to touch as a hedge is,
Or soft as eiderdown fluff?
is it sharp or quite smooth at the edges?
Oh tell me the truth about love.

爱情看起来像一条睡裤,
还是像无酒旅馆的火腿?
它闻起来是骆驼的气味,
还是芬芳而温馨?
它摸起来是犹如多刺的树篱。
还是柔软若鸭绒?
它的棱角是凌厉还是光滑?
哦,告诉我爱情的真相吧。

When it comes, will it come without warning
Just as I'm picking my nose?
Will its knock on my door in the morning,
Or tread in the bus on my toes?
Will it come like a change in the weather
Will its greeting be courteous or rough?
Will it alter my life altogether?
Oh tell me the truth about love

爱情的来临是否悄无预告,
像我挖鼻子那样吗?
它是否会在早晨敲响我的门,
还是会给我一脚踩到公共汽车里?
它的到来会不会像季候的变化?
它的问候是谦恭抑或粗鲁?
它会让我的生活天翻地覆吗?
哦,告诉我爱情的真相吧。

[ 本帖最后由 catlog007 于 2008-6-14 07:21 AM 编辑 ]

评分人数

• DZ

早读英语精华本上册 Unit3

I Think I Can       

If you think you are beaten, you are;

If you think you dare not, you don't;

If you want to win but think you can't;

It's almost a cinch you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost;

For out of the world we find

Success begins with a fellow's will;

It's all in a state of mind.

Life's battles don't always go

To the stronger and faster man,

But sooner or later the man who wins

Is the man who thinks he can.

中文:

如果你认为你败了,那你就一败涂地;

如果你认为你不敢,那你就会退缩畏葸;

如果你想赢但是认为你不能;

那么毫无疑问你就会失利。

如果你认为你输了,你就输了;

因为我们发现人世间

成功从一个人的意志开始;

成功是一种心态。

生活之战中,

胜利并非总是属于更强和更快的人,

胜利者终究是

认为自己能行的人。

评分人数

• DZ

早读英语精华本上册 Unit4

I am
only one;
but still
I am one.
I cannot do
everything,
but still I can
do something.
I will not
refuse to do
something
I can do.

我只是
一个人
但至少
我是一个人
我不是
万事皆能
但至少
我会做点儿事
我不会拒绝
去做那些
会做的事情.

评分人数

• DZ

原帖由 mylistening 于 2008-4-11 10:46 AM 发表

Some friends are just like family,there is no need to make a formal arrangment for a visit,except very close friends of relatives.Making unexpected calls should be avoided as much as possible.The un ...

谢谢你!帮了大忙!

原帖由 banson 于 2007-12-2 11:53 AM 发表197#
李阳疯狂英语之国际肌肉三最短文 Chapter15:The Urgent Need of English in China
http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/szdw/42879.html

English may be the most important factor in deciding which countries ar ...

banson,谢谢你,谢谢你的无私奉献!

The benifits of forgetting 听力原文

We have all wished,at some time or other ,for a perfect memory.We want to be able to remember things in exact detail.It's too bad that we forget so much that we have learned in school and at home.How can we make a realisic opinion of ourselves if our recall of the past is neither accurate nor complete ?
      Perhaps you still think a perfect memory would be a good thing to have .Imagine,then,for a moment what it would be like to remember everything.each time you recalled the past,you would remember not only the jewls of experience but the worthless stones as well. Remeberingmight take hours instead of moments. The confusion in your mind might grow beyond your ability  to organnise it well. With a perfect  memory, you might also remember things that may be best forgotten.Would you  really want to recall every angry quarrel ,every mistake you've made ,every painful moment of your life ?How would total recall affect your relationships with family and friends?Could it be that the success of a close relationships dependa on a certain amount of forgetting? Could it be that self-confidenceship and optimism are only possible if we lock some bad memory in a back drawer of memory ,and stop thinking about them?If you keep all these things in mind,you can understand why a perfect memoryis notthe best type of memory to have.
   Like remembering,a certain degree of forgetting helps to lead a normal life.Where is the line between helpful forgetting and harmful forgetting?If you had the choice,what would you choose to remember more clearly,and what would you allow to disappear from your memory? Think about it.

回复 240# 的帖子

你安装了realplayer吗?

回复 214# 的帖子

这是哪一篇的原文呢?

回复 214# 的帖子

这是哪一篇的原文呢?

回复 216# 的帖子

这又是哪一篇的呢?请大家注明一下链接,或者文章完整标题

回复 242# 的帖子

听写?这篇有原文啊

回复 248# 的帖子

这是哪里的哦?能发个链接吗?

支持

补充LISTEN THIS WAY的课文文本第四课

4Can Time Move Backward?
Part1 Getting ready
B You are going to hear eight short dialogues concerning time. As you listen, choose from the following the clock which gives the time when each dialogue takes place and write the number of the dialogue in the brackets above it.
Tapescripts
1.Man:What time do you have?
Woman:I have a quarter to five.
Man:Excuse me? What's the time?
Woman:A quarter to five.

2.Woman:What time is it?
Man:It's 10:15
Woman:Are you sure?My watch has 10:30.
Man:Your watch must be fast.I have just set mine by the radio.

3.Woman:Could you give me the time?
Man:It's 7:05 exactly.

4.Man:What time have you got?
Woman:About 4:30

5.Man:Can the clock be right?2:55?
Woman:That clock is always off. It's 3 o;clock sharp.

6.Woman:Check the time. There's a clock in the kitchen.
Man:It's a little before eleven.

7Woman:Are we going to be late?
Man:We will be unless we hurry.
Woman:When does the movie start?
Man:At 6:40, We've got fifteen minutes to get there.

8:Mano you have the time?
Woman:It's about three-twenty-five.
Manh,no, I'm late. I have an appointment in twenty minutes.
Womanon't worry. I'll drive you wherever you have to go.

C You are going to hear five statements about time difference. Comelete the following sentences.
Tapescripts:
1. When it is (7 a.m. Monday )in Tokyo, it is (5 p.m. Sunday )in New York and( 6 a.m. Monday )in Hong Kong.
2.When it is (4 p.m. Friday) in Melbourne, it is (11p.m. Thursday) in Denver and (9 a.m. Friday) in Baghdad.
3. When it is (3 p.m. Tuesday) in Singapore, it is (3 a.m. Tuesday) in Miami and(10 p.m Monday) in Honolulu.
4. When it is (8.p.m. Friday in Mexico City, it is (12 noon Saturday) in Guam and (3 a.m. Saturday) in Rome.
5.When it is (1 a.m. Wednesday) in London, ti is (9 a.m. Wednesday) in Shanghai and
(9 p.m. Tuesday) in Santiago.

Part 2 Local time
A:   you are going to hear an announcement made on a plane during landing.Write down every word as a dictation.It will be read three times. In the first reading, you will hear the whole announcement from beginning to end. In the second reading, you will hear a pause after each sentence or just part of a sentence. During the pause, you must write down what you have just heard as quickly as possible. You can check what you have written with the third reading.
Tapescript:
Ladies and gentlemen. May we kindly ask you to remain seated until the aircraft has reached its final position. The temperature here in London is 15 C or 59 F. The exact local time is 11:35. Captain Smith and his crew would like to say goodbye to you.We hope you enjoyed your flight. Thank you.

B You are going to hear a recorded phone call. While listening for the first time, add more key words if you can in the left-hand column. After the second listening complete the messages in the right-hand column with the help of the notes.
Tapescript:
Telephonist: Hello, Santos Trading.
Mr. Wong:Oh, hello. This is Mr. Wong here, calling from Singapore.
Telephonist:Yes, Mr. Wong, who do you want to speak to?
Mr. Wong:Um... I'd like to speak to Mrs. Cox, please.
Telephonist:Fine, putting you through.
Woman: Hello, can I help you?
Mr. Wong:Oh, hello. This is Mr. Wong calling from Singapore. Er... may I speak to Mrs. Cox,please?
Woman:Oh, I'm afraid Mrs. Cox is away. She has the flu and she may not be hack in the office till Monday. I expect her assistant, Mr. Box, can hepl. I'll just see if he's in his office. Hold on a moment, please.... Hello, Mr.Wong?
Mr. Wong:Yes.
Woman:I'm very sorry, (but) he's out just now, Can I take a message for him?
Mr. Wong:Oh, yes, please. Will you tell him I won't be arriving in Melbourne until quite late this Saturday, at 1 a.m. local time.(Um.) And will Mrs. Cox still be able to meet me?
Woman:Right.
Mr. Wong:And also inform the Royal Hotel that I'll be arriving very (very) late.
Woman:Sure.
Mr. Wong:Oh, wonderful, thanks. Could you please....er....telex or phone me to confirm that this is possible?
Woman:Right, I...I'll take the message. I'll give it to Mr. Box and I'm sure he'll be in touch with you. Thank you very much, Mr. Wong.
Mr. Wong:Thank you.

Part 3 Ladies and gentlemen
A You are going to hear some announcements made by Professor Williams at the final plenary session of an international conference on urban planning. The following vocabulary is used in the conversation. Guess  the meaning when you hear these words in the announcements. Match them with their definitions. Write the correct number before each definition. While you listen, don't forget to add more key words in the notes column. They will be very helpful for the next section.
1.session 2.urban 3domestic 4.lodge 5.chairpeople 6. coach 7.reprint 8.reminder 9.convention 10.productive
Tapescript:
Ladies and gentlemen. If  I can have your attention for a moment please? I have the final notices for this final session of the conference. Now, first of all, I'd like to mention that the urban pollution session has been very popular so we are moving the final discussion to Room 201,That's Room 201. Which means (that) the domestic shelter session will be changed from Room 201 to room 304. That's the domestic shelter session in Room 304. I hope everybody's got that.
     Now I have a notice here that you must return your keys to the porter's lodge before you leave. So anybody who has forgotten to bring them with you, please get them and return them before you leave. Thank you.
     Turning now to your discussion records, I would like to see you return them to the session chairpeople by 5 o'clock this afternoon. That's 17 hundred hours. Thank you.
     Regarding coaches for the airport,....ah.... they will be gathering outside the Kennedy Building at 3:30. That's ....ah....15:30 hours.And there'll be another one a little late than that at 15 hour.... that's 17:15. That's 5:15. I'd like to ask you all to be there, ready for the buses ,at least 5 minutes before the departure times. So we can all leave promptly and everybody will get home on time. Thank you.
    I have particular messages for ....ah....Dr. Schap.....schapsinger and Dr. Garbeldi and Dr. Surinander. I'd like to ask you three.... Are you here Dr.Schapsinger? Dr. Garbeldi? Yes. And Dr. Surinander? I'd like to ask you to collect your reprints from the conference desk before you leave. Thank you.
      Finally I have a reminder from Dr. Goldman of the Chicago Institute that the Sixth Annual Convetion of PES,86, October. And I'd like anybody that's interested in that conference to leave your name at the conference desk. Thank you very much.
    Ladies and gentlemen. I know it has been a (very) happy event for me, this conference. And I hope that you too have found it a happy and productive time .Thank you all for coming.

Part 4 More about the topic: Day-light-saving Time
   The following short passage is about day-light-saving time. Supply the missing words while listening.
Tapescript:
        Standard time is a worldwide (system) of time areas based on longitude.Longitude is the distance on the earth (measuring) east or west of the first longitude(line) at Greenwich, England. Each time area is (15 degrees) longitude wide. Under standard time, the time kept in each time area is that of its( central) longitude line. These lines are 15degrees,(30 degrees) and so on east or west of the (first) line in England. The (difference) in time between each nearby area is  exactly (one) hour. All clocks keep the (same) time within each area.
   In the summer, most people in the United States move their clocks( ahead )one hour to use day-light-saving time. The use of day-light-saving time provides an(added) hour of day light in the early evening. Its chief (purpose) is to save energy by reducing the evening use of (electricity)for reading. Many countries first used day-light-saving time during (war) time .For example, Britain went on day-light time during(WW1), so did the United States. The United States also observed it during (WW2). After the war, many American states (established) some kind of day-light-saving time.But this became (confusing). So in 1966, (Congress) established day-light-saving time for the nation, It began the (last) Sunday of April and ended the last (Sunday) of October.
    In the 1970s, that time period was (extended) as a result of the reduction in Arab oil exports that caused a (fuel) shortage in the United States. In (1986), new legislation changed the (start) of day-light-saving time from the last Sunday in April to the (whole) month of April saves the nation about (300000) barrels of oil each year. So today day-light-saving time begins the first Sunday in Apirl and ends the last Sunday in October. That is why most Americans will set their clocks (backward) one hour this Saturday night.

Part 5, Memory test: Radio Announcement.
Tapescript:
   Announcer: And now here are some of the things you can listen to this evening here on Radio2. Our Wednesday play is at nine and is called Old People Talking; it's about a small group of old age pensioners sitting in a social club remembering the past. Before that at 7:30 we have "My Favoiurite Discs" in which Jenny Lindley talks about the records that influenced her musical career.At 10:30 there is an account by James Farmer of his travels in the Middle East by bicycle and at 11:00 there's a service from St. Paul's, On Radio 3 the big event of the evening is the broadcast of La Traviata from the Albert Hall; it's at 9:00 and it has Felicity Newcombe in the major role. The interval talk at 9:15 is Peter Morris remembering his adventures while fishing is Scotland. Radio 1 has as usual continuous pop music; from 6 to 8 it's the Tommy Brian Show with interviews with live pop stars; from 10 till midnight it's Joe Newland with his frieds. So if you're in for the evening or listening on the car radio there should be something for you; stay runed.

What can I do to earn some gold coins? Who can tell me? thanks !

hoho

呵呵 与我无关~~

返回列表